Prev: Re: APC additions Next: Re: Armor

RE: Stargrunt Question????

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 02:54:43 -0500
Subject: RE: Stargrunt Question????

Date sent:  4-NOV-1996 08:50:04

>Hi there,  name's Joe.
>My friend and I have played a few Stargrunt games and really like it.
It
>beats every other game in it's genre for realism and ease of play.  We
do
>have a couple of questions though.

>1.  It struck us that squads don't really take much of a penalty for
>soldiers in their squad getting killed.  I know they have to take a
nasty
>check when you lose over 50% of the remaining unit in one firefight,
but
>what about the demorilizing effect of loseing figures in consecutive
>turns.  From what we've read the game does not address this.  Now there
is
>a modifier for unattended wounded figures (depending on the Mission
Morale
>Modifier), but not for killed soldiers.  Are we missing it or is it a
>typo, or is this buried in another game mechanic?

Dead people don't roll around on the floor screaming and slowly bleeding
to death, so they don't adversely effect moral as badly as an injured
figure. In fact the stile of combat in SG2 means you won't neceseraly
know
if one of your team mates has been killed. Both you and he will be using
maximum use of cover, so all you'll notice is your buddy going strangely
quiet.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
| #include "witty_saying"	      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: APC additions Next: Re: Armor