Prev: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas Next: Stargrunt ?s (Mike)

Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

From: JAMES BUTLER <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 1996 00:22:37 -0500
Subject: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas

	Hi,

	Wouldn't an APC cloud effect your ECM status for people trying
illuminate you? Assuming the particles are there to absorb and disrupt
incoming energy of whatever kind, if they work on beam weapons they'd
probably interfere with whatever detection system your opponent was
using.

	Also, what about a ship continually thrusting? If I have a
destroyer
with an APC forward and I accelerate at full velocity this turn and then
use
the APC I'm covered at least for that turn. If next turn I do the same
thing, again I'm covered. However in "real life" I've been accelerating
the
whole time and should gain no protection whatsoever from an APC
cloud--hell,
I might even take damage from flying through the clouds myself!

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: "Realistic" Systems Ideas Next: Stargrunt ?s (Mike)