Prev: Re: Babylon5 Battles? Next: RE: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)

Re: Babylon5 Battles?

From: "Niall Gilsenan" <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:41:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Babylon5 Battles?

> Date: 	 Thu, 24 Oct 1996 10:25:44 +0100
> From: 	 Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@bolton.ac.uk>
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject:	 Babylon5 Battles?

> Date sent:  24-OCT-1996 10:21:31
>
> I've just been looking at the TFG web page. Apparently, they are
> very closely tied with Agents of Gaming, which does not bode well
> for the new B5 game.

Oh dear.

 In fact, Agents of Gaming are responsible for
> much of the SFB material including the Newsletter and PBM variant.

Oh dear, oh dear.

> With such a strong link, what are the chances of the B5 game being
> nothing but a clone of SFB? Damn high I'd say. (But then again,
> the Earthforce Sourcebook variant will probably be nothing more
> than a clone of FT 8-)  ).

Oh dear (you get the the idea by now).	Considering that I have tried
playing SFB and failed miserably at getting a game up and running in any

reasonable length of time, this is very bad news.  It had occured to me
that the Starfury diagram that appeared on the AOG site reminded of some

game.  Now that we know that its SFBinfluenced	I can see the horror of
it
already.  20 pages on the various complexities of how a ship jumps into
warp (see subsection X3.1214, Ooops not in this supplement!!).

Looks as if the only items of interest will be the ships.
Niall Gilsenan
Dublin institute of Technology,Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin, Ireland.

Prev: Re: Babylon5 Battles? Next: RE: Eldar tech, was (something I can't remember...)