Prev: Geohex in the UK Question Next: Re: rules lawyer question

Small ship survivability

From: Alan_Greep/LearningTree/GB_at_NotesPO1@c...
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:23:00 -0400
Subject: Small ship survivability

  Following on the theme, I actually find that my small ships survive
  longest. True they are easy to kill when you get around to it but most
  often my capitals are attacked first and the smaller ships get to
pummel
  hell out of the enemy all the while.

  Plus I do make them high thrust and when you engage at about speed 20
you
  have a high speed ship which can change speed and direction very
quickly,
  when you make these about mass 14 - 18 they have a much higher
  survivability as  they need to take multiple hits from almost any
weapon
  before they go down (I know some weapons will still do it in 1 go). I
go
  up against Kra'vak a lot and any small ship that has more than six DPs
  means the Kra'vak usually end up wasting a 2 or 3 scatter guns against
  them (combined with the scatter guns being used anti-missile) they get
  used up real quick.

  Also fast little ships with A batteries on are real killers keeping at
  longer ranges and when they get armed up with a pulse torpedoe (min
size
  10) and get in close they can be real vicious.

  I tend to favour large numbers of small ships with mixed arms coupled
  with a good number of mid size ships with high thrust and few
capitals.

  Great fun and they tend to get targeted by too few or too many weapons
-
  either way you are on a winner.

Prev: Geohex in the UK Question Next: Re: rules lawyer question