Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Re[2]: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)

Re: Beam Batteries

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 10:48:58 -0400
Subject: Re: Beam Batteries

Adam Delafield wrote:
>This also supports David's idea of increased mass per arc. But I
wouldn't
>introduce multi-gun turrets in FT. I'd do that by class. eg 2 x 14"
would
>be B, but a 4 x 14" would be A.

In FT you don't need to worry about how many guns per turret represent
the
weapons in a beam battery since a beam battery is a generic weapon
system.
The beam battery is more of an index of the firepower for a particular
directed energy weapon system.	A battery can represent one three gun
turret, 20 two gun turrets, or even a combination of one gun turrets and
multi-gun turrets.

I know in conversions from games like Traveller, it is usually easier to
convert say a three gun turret battery and a two gun turret battery
(same
weapon type and output) into two separate FT batteries.  The common
denominator in a battery is the generally the weapon itself, say all "C"
class beam weapons that make up a C-battery due to like performance
factors.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler) Next: Re: Re[2]: B5\FT\Shadows\Telepaths (spoiler)