Prev: RE: Vectored Thrust Questions Next: HQ Red Banner Fleet of the ESU

RE: FT3, details of needed changes

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:58:00 -0400
Subject: RE: FT3, details of needed changes

Date sent:  10-OCT-1996 14:53:46

>>You use the Realistic Movement rules Mike and Jon posted, plus my
>>little addition don't you? Give a ship a great big main drive with
>>tiny weeny thrusters 8-). Alternatively for the core rules use a
>>simple modification like, only 1/4 thrust can be used to turn.

>Okay, I give up.  What is your little addition to the Realistic
Movement
>rules?  Every bit helps!

>Rob

In the original version, a ship could either thrust for direction, or
rotate to ANY facing. Whilst from a Physics point of view this is
correct,
from a game point of view, it's pretty damn dull. So I proposed some
time
ago (and I think several others were already doing the same thing, you
know how good ideas are seldom original) that you limit rotation to
a maximum of (thruster power) clock faces. Simple, neat, elegant but
unrealistic.

Realistic can go blow itself out of the airlock 8-)

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: Vectored Thrust Questions Next: HQ Red Banner Fleet of the ESU