Prev: B5 Miniatures Next: RE: FT3, details of needed changes

Vectored Thrust Questions

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine@r...>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 09:09:33 -0400
Subject: Vectored Thrust Questions

Hi All

I am new to this list, so I appologize if these questions have been
asked before.

I am interested in playable Vectored thrust rules.
I have looked at the trial "official" ideas from GZG.
I have some questions:

1)  How long is a round ment to be in FT?

The reason for the above is I want to calculate what sort of rotation
rate is
feasable.  For big ships the angular acceleration can get quite out of
hand
and rip the ship appart.

2)  (More of a comment than a question) Given the distances involved in
FT
I doubt whether small rotational thrusters could be used to signifantly
alter
the movement vector of the ship.  Frex.  If the main engine was capable
of
an acceleration of 6 then the 3(?) auxilary thrusters would have a total
mass
of half that of the main engine to provide an acceleration of 1 in any
direction
(except backwards).

Actually, with the design of many of the FT models I doubt whether they
could
support accelerations sideways and their structure would fail...

Imagine NAC CA (or more) with broken neck.

Anyway, this is just a request for the current ideas on vectored
movement.
What I want is a simple system which I can believe!

Cheers
	Lewis

Prev: B5 Miniatures Next: RE: FT3, details of needed changes