Prev: Re: Victory for 2nd ESU fleet Next: Re: greetings!

Re: greetings!

From: "Gee, that photon torpedo was clo-#/&%*.. NO CARRIER" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 23:28:41 -0400
Subject: Re: greetings!

>> What do you use for figs?
>
>  Re:	Playing Full Thrust in Babylon 5 universe:
>
>  First, I use Micromachines.	They have some disadvantages, e.g.
>not all ships are available and they are all the same size miniature
>no matter the size the the "real" ship.  But they are, AFAIK, the
>only miniatures for B5 available.

There are a couple ships out there that make *passable* B5 ships
(operative
word here is 'passable')

The NSL larger ships (such as the Szent Istvan Battledreadnought, which
I use)
make fair EAS Omega-class Destroyers (minus the rotating center section;
hey,
can't have *everything*...at the moment). The Superdreadnought might be
better
(rear structure blockier than the B-dreadnought, but the front doesn't
have the
same 'small-craft bay' section), but I could only afford so much at one
shot.
:-}

The ESU light cruiser or heavy cruiser (?) could pass as Narn heavy
cruisers
(well, the latter maybe better than the former; I use the ESU CA as Narn
CAs).
That is, if you can't find the MicroMachine Narn 'dreadnoughts' (I've
only
been able to find *one* - must be the G'Tok!  ;-).

Traveller's Darrian Patrol Cruisers make fair EAS Hyperion-class Heavy
Cruisers
(minus the prominent superstructure; creative model-makers amongst you
could
probably easily circumvent this and add the gun array, too)

The space-fighter miniatures game out there (whose name I've just now
totally
spaced - no pun intended) has a fighter (which name I can't remember, so
fat
lotta help *I* am!) that if you fly it backwards, has a vague
resemblence to
what could be a Centauri light cruiser (take the two vertical
fins/'wings'
from their heavy cruisers we've seen time and again and this is close)
or maybe
a Centauri fighter (your choice; I use 'em for light cruisers ;-).

As I said...passable. They'll tide me over 'til the 'real' ships come
out...
(and for those that don't...I'll use the 'passable' ones!)

>   Second, I've played a couple of email B5 games.  These are a bit
>slow, but a lot of fun.

Sorry for the slowness; I do what I can with the time I got. But that
work and Real Life stuff gets in the way.  :-/

>    Also, there will be B5 ship miniatures available sometime in the
>future in connection with a B5 game being designed.  Once they show up,
>I'll probably buy a bunch of them :-)

Waiting anxiously for these!!

Mk
-
"Oh, yes. You. Prepare to die, Earth scum. Again!"

"Oh, I think you've made your point. Now sit down and shut up so we can
go home!"

"Look. When a vastly superior alien culture comes all this way to take
over your world, certain basic laws of planetary conquest apply. For
example, when someone points a quad-vected, hyperthermic cosmoblaster
at you, it's a fair bet you're about to become toast."

"Will you please sit down and be quiet?!"

"Or perhaps in your case, a whole loaf of toast!"

Prev: Re: Victory for 2nd ESU fleet Next: Re: greetings!