Prev: RE: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: RE: Beam Batteries

RE: Scatter Packs

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 04:55:56 -0400
Subject: RE: Scatter Packs

Date sent:  7-OCT-1996 09:36:42

>Okay so I'm new and this question has probably been asked before. But
it
>wasn't in the FAQ.

>I got into a bitter row with one of my friends over scatter packs.

>After the NAC player was taken to the cleaner quite quickly he insisted
that
>it must be his interpretation of the rules. To reduce	the
effectiveness of
>what proved to be a devastating weapon.

>Who is right?

You are right as far as the rules go, but your friend is more right in
so much as, the way the rules are written, the Kra'Vak are unplayable.
In the core FT rules it states that any ship should be a balance of
several factors. Firepower, Protection, Maneuverability and Cost.
The Kra'Vak do not obey this rule. They have better weapons, better
protection (armour is superior to the equivilant level shields), better
maneuverability and are cheaper to boot.

A lot of people seem not to care that the Kra'Vak are much more
powerful,
considering it to be 'flavour', but personally I have always seen a
problem
like this occuring.

The rules for Kra'Vak are, IMNSHO, unsuitable for play in anything other
than a pre planned GMed scenario. If FT were a competition game, you
would
have no reason not to play Kra'Vak.

Try doubling the mass of all Kra'Vak only weapons (rail guns and scatter
packs) and you might bring them closer to the realms of playability.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: RE: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: RE: Beam Batteries