Prev: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: Scatter Packs

Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 20:17:23 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions

At 01:51 PM 10/5/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello Everyone:
>	A recent post on the rec.games.miniature.misc newsgroup has
inspired me
>to come up with some with my own set of Star Trek rules for Full
>Thrust.  I do have a couple of questions about ST weapons technology:
>
>	1.  Which are stronger, phasers or disruptors?

I always had the impression that phasers had longer range but disruptors
were more powerful. It seemd that in fair fights, the phasers hit first
but
disruptors seemed to be more nasty to the Feds than phaser fire on the
Klingons/Roms. My impression, anyway.

>	2.  What's the difference between photon torpedos and quantum
>torpedos?

Not sure. How about photons are easier to hit, but quantums do more
damage.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: Scatter Packs