Prev: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: Re: Streamlining

Wolf Pack A Full Thrust Scenario

From: Robert Kerrigan <speiler@e...>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 20:11:23 -0400
Subject: Wolf Pack A Full Thrust Scenario

A while back everyone was having a good time trashing Space Above and
Beyond.  Well I won't start that again, but someone made a coment about
the
show being nothing but a remake of the old WWII submarine movies.  Well
this
got me to thinking, 'cause I liked those old movies.  Well I came up
with a
scenario to fill that role.  For those of you who don't like "A" beams
on
escorts you won't like this.  I play tested this with my local group and
we
all thought this was a great night of fun.  some suggestions were to
remove
all shield and weapons from the transports, or some such method of
making
them weaker.  have fun

Wolf Pack
A Full Thrust Scenario
By
Robert Kerrigan

	This scenario is a direct copy of a WWII submarine movie.  Four
"Submarines" are waiting along the path of a convoy.  The ships used are
listed below.

	       QTY	TYPE	COMBAT POINT
Defender:	1	Heavy Cruiser	4
	       1	Escort Cruiser	3
	       4	Muscle Destroyer	2
	       3	Bulk Tankers	1
	       7	Freighters	.5

Attacker:	4	Shadow Strike Boat	4

Defender:  The defender is divided into two groups, the first is the
merchant ships, the second will be the war ships.  The Merchant's top
speed
is eight (8).  They may plot a zigzag pattern or whatever.  During
combat,
they are considered as one unit.  The war ships are separate units and
have
no limitations on speed or movement.  During combat each ship is
considered
as one unit.  The convoy must enter the southern end of the board by
turn
one (1).  The merchants must exit the northern edge of the board by turn
11.

Attacker:  The attacking force may setup on the first 48" (north to
south)
of the board.  The wolf pack may begin the game cloaked.  However, all
wolf
pack ships must have de-cloaked by turn four.

Combat:  Initiative will be determined by random card drawing.	Enough
cards
will be inserted for the wolf pack to equal the convoy's deck (seven
cards
each fleet).  During combat the wolf pack's ships will not de-cloak
until a
card for that ship is drawn.  Only one card will be used to determine
all
ten of the merchants initiative.

Victory Conditions:  Who ever has more combat points at the end of the
game.
However, if the wolf pack earns more points, yet looses all of its own,
it
will be considered a marginal victory.

Muscle Destroyer	Shadow Strike Boat
Mass	18	Mass	29
Thrust	6	Thrust	6
Systems 2 3arc A1 Shield	Systems 2 Pulse Torpedo1 3arc C1
Cloaking Shield
Points	132	Points	267

Prev: Re: Star Trek Tech Questions Next: Re: Streamlining