Prev: Re: Grenadier's "Space Squadrons" Next: Re: Storing FT minis

Re: Wraithships, was RE: FT3?

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 19:52:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Wraithships, was RE: FT3?

Excerpts from FT: 2-Oct-96 Re: Wraithships, was RE: FT3? by Oerjan
Ohlson@nada.kth.s
> Should have said this ages ago, but: Great Work!
> However, are the basic rules still there somewhere (ie, where they
> explain how to use the targetting tray <g>)? I couldn't see'em last
time
> I looked (but then I'm a lousy searcher :/)

Well, even a great searcher would have trouble finding the basic rules,
because they aren't there any more.  The GW guy (lawyer? probably) who I
was in contact with objected to the presence of the rules, because he
said they weren't in the agreemernt.  Truth be told, he's right; I did
only ask for permission to put material from White Dwarf up on the page.
 I'm going to have to put something more on the combat tray up there,
though, you're right.  (I do talk about it when I give details on the
9-square bursts, but not for regular firing.)  The other truths are that
the advanced rules totally replace all the basic rules, and that the
basic rules suck rocks.  But that's another story....

[snip]
> > For those who're interested in the GW ships line, I also point out
that
> > there *is* a larger Eldar ship, the Ghost Dragon.  Unfortunately, I
> > don't know if they ever did anything in terms of modelling the
sucker.
> > <sigh>
>
> Don't think so - GWUK Mail Order don't have it, so it was probably
never
> put to production. A prototype was made, and there is at least one
> picture of it... but nothing more :(

I'm just curious -- did you press GWUK on the issue?  They denied for a
while that the metal Eldar Drednaughts (for EPIC) were available, then
it turned out that they were.  But, to my knowledge, they *don't* appear
in any catalogue.  Anyway, I'll try asking when I next call the trolls
up.  Oh, and have you seen the picture?  I'd love to put it on the
page... I'll probably scan in the Ghost Ship counter from "Doom of the
Eldar" (one of GW's board games), but an actual picture would be
*great*....

Later,

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: Grenadier's "Space Squadrons" Next: Re: Storing FT minis