Prev: Re: Storing FT minis Next: Re: Storing FT minis

Re: Stargrunt 2 questions

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 04:59:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt 2 questions

Jake Rose wrote:
>Okay,	I like the rules but have a few questions/comments:
	  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please to hear that.

>1.  What about close combat VS vehicles or vehicle overrun of infantry?

Comments on this from some other players:
You dive under the tracks, and hope it doesn't hurt too much. 8-)

If you close assault a tank in SG2, it will run you over and squish you.

What you can do is conduct firing from point blank range. (Does anyone
know
of a real life example of close assault on a modern tank? I don't.) Adam

Delafield

How about running up behind it to place grenades in its voonerables...?
Dunno if it'd work against modern tanks, but it worked well for Finnish
troops during WW2... Oerjan Ohlson

>2.  Rules on priority targets, though loose might be better, e.g..  I =

>trained my tankers and scouts (real life) to not engage that obvious =
>(already moved/ fired / activated tgt) but to look for its overwatch
and =
>engage it first.  Your guidelines seem to make this an action unfair.

Target priority is defined (on p.12) as " ...THE GREATEST THREAT TO THE
FIRING UNIT..."

An already moved/ fired/ activated target is not much of a threat (well,

not 'till next turn...) but a unit that is providing overwatch and has
yet
to fire would be much more so. I know that item (i) on p.12 suggests the

opposite but it all boils down to how _you_ define the term "greatest
threat". If you decide not to include item (i) because it doesn't fit
your
force's training/doctrine then fine...

>3.  Can a unit that is suppressed in the open ever remove this =
>suppression?  How can it reorganize if not under cover?  I suggest
after =
>2 turns receiving no fire it be allowed to test for removal of =
>suppression.

A unit can attempt to remove a Suppression marker by using 1 action to
do
so and rolling the appropriate die. It does NOT have to be in cover to
do
so. (see p.18)

OTOH, a unit must be in cover (soft or hard) in order to reorganise (see

p.17)

Do not confuse Reorganisation with Remove Suppression - they are two
different actions.

>Please email your answers and or comments to:
>jakecaroàsinfo.net

Will do.

>Thanks,
>CPT Jake Rose
>US Army

Hope that helps.

Mike Elliott, Ground Zero Games (m.j.elliottàuk22p.bull.co.uk)
To subscribe to the Full-Thrust Mailing list, E-mail to:
mxserveràbolton.ac.uk
The message should read:  Subscribe FTGZG-L Name Where name is Your
name.
The subject line can be left blank. You will receive further
instructions.

Prev: Re: Storing FT minis Next: Re: Storing FT minis