Prev: Re: Bugs in SG2 Next: Re: re:FT3( - Fighters and ship speeds)

Re: Bugs in SG2

From: Andrew Cowell <cowell@c...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 17:15:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Bugs in SG2

In message <Pine.SUN.3.94.960926163445.5155D-100000@ss1.digex.net>, Rick
Ruther
ford writes:

> What if the "bug army" was led by scouts who left pheromone scents on
the
> ground?  The guy playing the bugs would drop a cardboard counter on
the

Sorry about that, I meant to add more than just "Ooo, I like it."

I'm not much up on real bugs, but I've seen plenty of a-life simulations
of insect behaviour.

What I think would happen here is that the bug forces send out lightly
armed scouts to make contact with the enemy.  Once the forces make
contact,
the bugs would head back home leaving phermones behind them.  Once back,
the forces would be sent forward to follow the phermones.

This adds some extras.	You would try harder to kill the scouts, since
they haven't laid their phermone trail yet.  A mobile force, assuming
they saw the scouts, might try and organize an ambush around the
phermone
trails, or even, if they can detect them, follew them back home for a
counter attack!

--
Andrew E. B. Cowell <cowell@cs.utk.edu>
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~cowell/

Prev: Re: Bugs in SG2 Next: Re: re:FT3( - Fighters and ship speeds)