Prev: Ship Record Sheets Next: Re: Credit in a GZG Publication

Re: Credit in a GZG Publication

From: Rukesh Korde <rkorde@d...>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:42:18 -0400
Subject: Re: Credit in a GZG Publication

Under American copyright laws, if a person writes something, she has the

copyright; i.e., there's no implied waiver of copyright (at least not by

subscribing to an email list).	Tuffley is correct to be worried about
the
legal implications.  The easiest thing to do would probably be for him
offer to "buy" any ideas that he wants to use for $1, which would
probably protect him.  Alternatively, he might note that unless GZG
starts making a whole lot of cash, it's unlikely that any one is going
have a financial incentive sufficient to override their morals.

RK

> > We're told that Jon Tuffley modifies any ideas we
give
him, > because he's worried about the legal aspects of using our stuff.