Prev: DS2: Rules for the Kra'Vak Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures/Rules Manufacturers.

re:FT3( - Fighters and ship speeds)

From: davisje@a... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 1996 07:42:17 -0400
Subject: re:FT3( - Fighters and ship speeds)

Tom wrote:

> >I'd say that this is one of the things distinguishing many 'standard'
FT

Alan wrote:
> I regularly fly my entire fleet at 20+ (inches on on an 8x4 foot
table. This
> means that you can easily outpace even fast fighters,
> also you can judge a jump over missiles. With most of the fleet being
small
> enough to have thrust 8 without huge cost this
> gives great maneuvorability.
>
> Recently I ran a fleet in at max of 15 speed and suffered my worst
defeat ever
> by miles! (My rolls were all ones and twos as well
> though) I could not move out of the way quick enough.
>
> Fighters are very ineffectual vs this sort of speed and you don't
suffer a turn
> penalty for your speed!

I am beginning to think that the fighter and missiles rules are based on
some
play test assumptions regarding the velocities of ships.

Mike,
	Did Jon have any thoughts on ship velocities during playtesting
to deal
with these issues?

Jon Davis
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: DS2: Rules for the Kra'Vak Next: RE: Babylon 5 Miniatures/Rules Manufacturers.