Prev: Re: Weak barreled micro armor miniatures Next: Babylon 5 Miniatures/Rules Manufacturers.

RE: FT3?

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 09:53:43 -0400
Subject: RE: FT3?

Date sent:  24-SEP-1996 14:51:21

>Of course, the biggest thing in any Full Thrust game is your ships'
velocity
>relative to fighters and missiles.  If your capital ships can safely go
faster
>than the fighters and missiles, and you use the optional rule where
fighters
>move after orders and before ships move, then a one-point turn can fool
the
>fighters and make them nearly useless.

>I'd say that this is one of the things distinguishing many 'standard'
FT
>games.  If your velocities are all under 15, fighters will do
impressive
>amounts of damage.  If your velocities are over 15, fighters often
won't be
>in range.

This, I would say, is using fighters incorectly. Treat them as part of
the
carrying ship, and have them always within 6 to 12" of the carrier and
its escorts. If the enemy want to engage you, they will have to close
with the fighters. (ie, put the fighters where you know the enemy HAS
to go).

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Re: Weak barreled micro armor miniatures Next: Babylon 5 Miniatures/Rules Manufacturers.