Prev: RE: TV SF's glorious past ;-) Next: Needle FireCons

Re: Fighter movement

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 06:43:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Fighter movement

>>  Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 08:55:13 +0100
>>  From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@bolton.ac.uk>
>>  Subject: Re: Fighter movement
>>  >I'd like to play with fighters using normal movement plots, though
>>  >making them as maneuverable as the kravak, and ditto with missiles.

>>  If you do that for missiles, I'd implement a flowchart so that the
>>  missile plots it's own movement, otherwise they would be too
powerful.

Of course.

>>  For fighters, as you say, you get a problem trying to dogfight.
Perhaps
>>  you could make dogfight 'range' 3"?

Reasonable enough.

We did have one dogfight that started in our game on Sunday. I say it
_started because when the 3" radius nuke went off an inch away it took
all of the fighters with it. Awwww.

I guess you could allow dogfights to be declared if they end within 3"
or less, then move 'em all into contact for the actual dogfight. That
way such accidental nukes won't end up taking out one side and not the
other.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: RE: TV SF's glorious past ;-) Next: Needle FireCons