Prev: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad Next: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

From: M.J.Elliott@u...
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:04:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>On 12 Sep 1996 M.J.ElliottĂ uk22p.bull.co.uk wrote:

>> Adam Delafield wrote:
>
>> >I'd only give Gurilla, Partizan, Tororist or Criminal forces mixed
>> >armament though. Regular armies will tend to have the same type of
weapon
>> >to ease supply problems (eg. weapons use NATO rifle ammo and M16
boxes
for
>> >most Western armies). And most Gurilla and Partizan forces will use
the
>> >same type of weapon as their opponent (so they can 'liberate' ammo).

>> I would agree with this completely. It would be VERY unusual for any
>> regular forces to have mixed small arms. Good point.

>It depends a little on the army. Stealing examples from That Other
>Company, Tyranids (with lots of various bio-weapons) or Eldar (with

Shouldn't that be That Other Company (tm) (after all we don't want any
law
suits :-)

>lasguns and shuriken catapults; both use the same power source, but the

>shuriken catapults need additional ammo) could have mixed squads
without
>excessive supply problems... and if you go to armies with all-energy
>weapons, you could have the same ammo for all weapons - including heavy

>support weapons - and mix them freely in a squad.

Bear in mind mixed small arms are only a problem if the different
weapons
have different Impact Die types. So in the end it depends on how you
work
the stats for the weapons concerned.

>Of course, that's for BDS...

Mmmm.... but of course it will all be generic weapon types since we
don't
want to infringe TOC's (tm) copyrights now do we? Anyway, there's
probably
enough in SGII already for you to work out stats for additional weapon
types. The main emphasis in BDS reagarding aliens will be how different
"stock" alien types handle Confidence and Reaction and Command and
Control
(AFAIK at the moment).

Anybody got any suggestions?

Mike Elliott, GZG

Prev: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad Next: Re: Mixed Small Arms Squad