Prev: Re: Tours Next: RE: Pulse torpedoes

RE: Fantasy combat with DS2?

From: J.Stephensen@f... (Jason Stephensen)
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 22:03:24 -0400
Subject: RE: Fantasy combat with DS2?

>It is interesting to read that people from across the pond have a
similar
>feelings about 'that fantasy company'. I have recently been told of a

>rather nasty business practice thay have. It goes something like:
>
>Get a local games shop to stock your product. When the sales of your
>product in that area via this shop reach a certain threshold set up
your
>own store just down the road and then stop supplying the local game
store
>with your products.
>
>Not a very friendly thing to do really. I gather this has been
challenged
>in the courts in th US and declared illegal. I am no solicitor/lawyer
but
>I think that is a fair judgement.

Sadly I believe that this company would do this. I know that here in
Australia they once told the main importer of their minatures that if
they
took on the heartbreaker minnies they would cut off their supply. From
the
amount of times that I have heard of them being taken to court over
improprieties with restriction of trade and the like. I heard of a case
where they opened a store near the old distributer and when the old
distributer realised their market was gone they flogged their minnies
off
real cheap, and really pissed them off.

They produce some good products, average games, but seem so obsessed
with
making money they've lost track of what gaming is all about.

jason