Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 1996 18:48:22 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, Samuel Penn wrote:

> In message <19960822.110522.4567.10.StarWarsNut@juno.com> you wrote:
>
> Never played Star Warriors, and ever since I took out a star destroyer
> with a single TIE interceptor (first time I played TIE fighter), I
> haven't paid much attention to using the computer games as a useful
> source of information...

*Smirk*
Yeah, the computer game stats are totally weird compared to other
sources
of data on the ships (SW RPG and the Ship manual by somebopdy else). The

game stats have been heavily modified to balance the game (and to give
fighters some life expectancy around capital ships that are not
currently
engaging other capital ships...).

> > Again ... see my above sources.  Also, my designation description
comes
> > from the lucas definition ...
>
> I wasn't aware Lucas had actually defined anything, apart from
> showing things in the films.

All game data and such has to get an approval from Lucasfilms. Whether
it's Big L himself who gives the final OK or not (propably the latter),
they do have some sort of "official" stats for the ships. AFAIK the SW
RPG is closest to the truth (I think somebody from WEG once explained to

me the process they went through while making the game. They had to send

a script after script to Lucasfilm, until every comma was in the right
place)

> Be seeing you,
> Sam.

			Niko "GNiko" Mikkanen
creator@cute.cute.fi  WWW-Homepage under construction
(www.cute.fi/~creator/)
	"It's not that I dislike the 'Divide and Conquer' bit, but
	it's the 'Ruling With an Iron Fist' part I really enjoy" -Me

Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust