Prev: RE: Marriage & Kids Next: Re: Race one versus Race two

Re: Mars

From: I wouldn't go out with a woman who I wouldn't trust on belay <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 1996 14:49:14 -0400
Subject: Re: Mars

>@:)	     I remember Patrick Moore a couple of years ago pointing
>@:) out an uncanny resemblance between some moonor other (one of
>@:) Saturn's? Jupiter's?)  and the Death Star.
>
>  That would be Mimas, a moon of Saturn.  Generally referred to by
>non-astronomers as the "Death Star Moon".  NASA's site (www.nasa.gov)
>has links to some good pictures of it (I think they're actually at the
>smithsonian) but they're UPSIDE DOWN!!!

Eh, what's a little upside down in space, anyway?

>That's what you get when you
>give astronomical pictures to people who don't truly understand space
>science.  The big dish obviously goes at the top!

It is; just that the instrument which imaged Mimas was turned
180-degrees.
;-)

Mk
-
JMS: "You have a problem."

Con Organizer: "The room's big enough."

JMS: <shakes head> "No, you don't understand. My People are coming..."

Prev: RE: Marriage & Kids Next: Re: Race one versus Race two