Prev: RE: Marriage & Kids Next: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat

Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:40:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

Sam wrote:
>> >The TIE/in is the standard TIE (the T.I.E. designation was only
>> >used for the prototype).
>>
>> Ummm ... no. The TIE/in is the interceptor. The TIE/st is the
standard
>> tie fighter, the TIE/bm is the tie bomber, the TIE/ip is the tie
>> interceptor prototype (Vader's Fighter)
>
>Maybe you're using a different source than I am. The Star Wars
Sourcebook
>(for the SW RPG, 1st Edition) lists stats for all the TIE fighter types
>I've given here, as I listed them. The TIE/in and TIE interceptors are
>two entirely different types of fighters, and no mention of TIE/st and
>TIE/bm.

I agree with Paul on the designations.	Your source book might not be as
up
to date if it doesn't even include TIE bombers.

>I tend to go with the SW RPG rules, mainly because I've been playing
>them for the last 5 five years, and I practically know the designations
>off the top of my head.

Try checking out the Star Warriors game which gives more complete data
on
the fighters available.

>I can't think of any times we really see X-Wings going up against
>big ships, except for the Death Star. They seem to be mainly used

Actually they did.  In ROTJ, some rebel fighters took out a screen
generator
on the Super SD, followed by an out of control A-wing kamakaze run into
the
SD'd bridge.  I'd say fighters were very deadly against larger ships.
Remember in SW:ANH, the death star's weaponry had a tough time tracking
fighters.  The SDs are generally armed with similar weapons designed for
anti-ship with the main defense from fighters residing in screens.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: RE: Marriage & Kids Next: Re: Murphy's Laws of Combat