Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust

RE: Marriage & Kids

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner@t...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 13:34:00 -0400
Subject: RE: Marriage & Kids

Oh, I can't stand it.  I have to get in here, too.
I'm 32 and have been married 5 years and have 2 kids,
almost 4 and almost 2.	I've already played some simple
roleplaying and miniatures with my 3 year old son.
We set up figures on blocks or in a duplo structure,
and I make a simple rule about needing more dots than
the other guy, or use dice from Mutant Chronicles
with explosions on them for hits.

My wife plays with me sometimes.  She prefers some
games more than others, but she's promised to try
both Full Thrust (simplicity should appeal to her)
and Epic/Space Marine.	I just have to make sure I
don't spend too much time doing game stuff, since
her enthusiasm level is definitely not up to mine.
She's amazingly tolerant, though.

And sometimes I have to play a game with my son
that doesn't have quite the challenge.	It's time
to start moving him up, though.

andy
andy.skinner@tseng.com

Prev: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules) Next: Re: Star Wars Full Thrust