Prev: RE: B5 BREWs update. Next: RE: Re:Something Strange..

Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

From: Myk <mcsmit@x...>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:46:24 -0400
Subject: Re: hyperspace (was: cloaking device rules)

Sometime in the past, you wrote:
}
}Samuel Penn writes:
}@:) In message <199608201924.PAA10801@cliff.cris.com> Mike Miserendino
wrote:
}@:)
}@:) My favourite name is "The Really Fast Drive Despite What The Nice
}@:) Mr Einstein Said". Hmm... Anyone built Full Thrust ships out of
}@:) Lego?  Anyway...
}    ^^^^
}
}  I have not but it certainly has occurred to me.  My only problem is
}that for complicated ships with a lot of systems, lego models would
}tend towards the large.

I have done this.  I did not use the Lego designs, tho.  I took my old
stuff (from when space lego was first released) as well as my little
brother's stuff and built non-symmetrical stuff around different parts.
My escorts usually had 6-10 small pieces, and were about an inch long.
Cruisers were up to double that.  Capitals were about 3 inches long
with 25-40 different parts.  I also used parts that had holes in it
and plugged the GW flying hex bases in them, which made for a solid
base.

I tried to represent different systems with the parts, and when a
system was damaged, I removed the part.  When the ship was destroyed,
I broke it into its pieces and left a debris field behind.

The fleet's race was called the Lorg, a combination of Lego and Borg...

Michael

--
]\\ `/ ]< (Michael C. Smit) /\ Delirium: "There must be a word for it...
The

Prev: RE: B5 BREWs update. Next: RE: Re:Something Strange..