Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 12:57:36 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

On Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:51:38 +0000 "Mike Wikan" <mww@n-space.com>
writes:

> Also, I was just inside the newest version, and besides it's new
weight
(69.5
>tons !) it has an anti-air function with it's MAIN GUN!!!! The gunner
>has a lever attatched to his laser ranger labeled ground-air and
>guess what? If you want to shoot at the Bad,bad helicopter skimming
>the treetops 1000m downrange, you can fire a proximity fused
>beehive round that kicks out a cone of foot long needles moving at
>rediculous velocities a few hundred meters shy of the Helo...As I
>understand it, the switch causes the laser rangefinder to pulse
>multiple times, calculating the bearing and velocity of the target..

Mike, How do you get to be so lucky?  *grin* Does the A2 still have a
manual loading system, or have they gone to the automatic selectors
yet?? Do they still ahve the same look, or has that changed too? Last
time I was physically next to one was at Ft. Benning in '88 ... and that
was an M1 ... Though from the photos, the A and A1 variants aren't much
different excepth the addition of the turret rack and just a tad larger.

Paul

Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products