Prev: Ship Record Cards (was I survived GenCon) Next: Re: Ship Record Cards (was I survived GenCon)

Re: CMD Future Wars products

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 07:18:28 -0400
Subject: Re: CMD Future Wars products

> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Date: 	 Mon, 19 Aug 1996 08:57:36 PST
> Subject:	 Re: CMD Future Wars products
> From: 	 starwarsnut@juno.com (Paul A Neher)
> Reply-to:	 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

> Mike, How do you get to be so lucky?	*grin* Does the A2 still have a
> manual loading system, or have they gone to the automatic selectors
> yet?? Do they still ahve the same look, or has that changed too? Last
> time I was physically next to one was at Ft. Benning in '88 ... and
that
> was an M1 ... Though from the photos, the A and A1 variants aren't
much
> different excepth the addition of the turret rack and just a tad
larger.

> Paul

Well, I live in Orlando home of Lockheed Martin (where half our staff
came from) and ECC International Corp. where I am good buds with the
V.P. of Marketing... The M1A2 was in their High Bay to make a
simulator mock up. The new M1 has a more powerful gas turbine, still
has a manual loader (the U.S. Army has a definite bias against
autoloaders stemming from some accidents during trials in the 70s)
also you may have noted that it is substantially heavier than the M1.
The main weight difference is the new version of the Chobham Armor.
They say it can deflect a 122 mm Tungsten Penetrator on the forward
turret slope! I also got to see the new Saudi MOWAG Piranha with the
25mm Bushmaster Autocannon, but that's another story.. ;-)
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.

Prev: Ship Record Cards (was I survived GenCon) Next: Re: Ship Record Cards (was I survived GenCon)