Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: Multifunction fighters

Re: Multifunction fighters

From: rkp@m... (Robin Paul)
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 1996 12:59:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Multifunction fighters

>At 04:56 PM 8/16/96 +0000, you wrote:
>>I've been playing with some numbers to try and knock together a
modified
>>fighter construction system for FT/MT along the lines of Steve
Gibson's
>>rules fore infantry in DS2.
>>
>>Table 1: Anti-fighter effectiveness
>>Level 		  Effect			 Points
>>None		NO *AF or dogfight rolls		   0
>>Standard	standard *AF and dogfight rolls 	   1
>>Interceptor	+1 on*AF or dogfight rolls		   3
>>

>	 This system is extremely cool. But how would you simulate the
>reduced anti-fighter effectiveness of attack and torpedo fighters? If
memory
>serves, they still have an anti-fighter attack but they kill fighters
only
>on a 6.
>
>	 James

Aargh! I knew I forgot something!  As I remembered it, Attack fighters
are
poor in AF combat, and Torpedo fighters are unarmed apart from the
torpedo
(that's probably wrong, but let it stand for now).  I'd modify the table
as
below, and add 1 to the cost of the torpedo system.

Table 1: Anti-fighter effectiveness
Level			Effect			       Points
None	      NO *AF or dogfight rolls			-1
Poor	      as for Attack fighters in MT		 0
Standard      standard *AF and dogfight rolls		 1
Interceptor   +1 on*AF or dogfight rolls		 3

That's an excellently scratch-buildable-looking Battlecruiser in your
sig,
by the way!

Cheers
Rob

Rob Paul
NERC Institute of Virology
Mansfield Road, Oxford OX1 3SR	  Tel. (01865) 512361
rkp@mail.nerc-oxford.ac.uk
			 "Auld an' bald!"

Prev: Re: I survived GenCon! Next: Re: Multifunction fighters