Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

Re: Gone to GenCon

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 22:41:32 -0400
Subject: Re: Gone to GenCon

At 04:39 PM 8/17/96 -0400, you wrote:

>Come to think of it, there were lots of full Battletech and 40K games
at
>Gencon.  A good way to bring those players to the dark side would be to
run a
>'Battletech Mechs in DS2' demo game or similar SG@ game.  I would like
>someone to run a Star Trek or Star Wars Full Thrust game at one of the
cons.
> There was a Star Wars in Silent Death game at Gencon that had three
sessions
>filled up in preregistration.	Crossover fans would be a welcome
addition the
>the FT/DS2/SG2 players ranks.

This is a VERY good idea. People are more likely to plop down $20 for a
rulebook if they know that all of their figures will work with it.
Someone
should run a DS2 game with Battletech or GW Epic (I've done that
myself), a
FT game with Star Trek ships, and a SG2 game with WH40K (or, perhaps,
WH40K
versus Warzone). I think this would be a great way of drawing in new
players.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: CMD Future Wars products Next: Re: Gone to GenCon