Prev: Re: B5 PBeM gaming (was: Re: assistance...) Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products

SGII Questions

From: thumann@n... (Charles Thumann)
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 22:37:25 -0400
Subject: SGII Questions

I've got a couple of questions about Stargrunt II (after having just
played my first game of it):

1.  I've got the Kryomek wheeled APCs and they have a double-barreled
gattling gun turret as well as four seperate firing slits.  Now, what I
wanted to do is make it a Size 2 vehicle with an extra SAW and four
"infantry gun" mounts to represent the firing slits, and then capacity
for 5 infantry.  Is this legal?  Technically, that's like 5 systems in a

size 2 vehicle, which in Dirtside is not kosher, but I don't know if
"infantry gun mounts" would even come into play in the Dirtside scale,
anyway.  I'm not looking for the standard "that's whats great about GZG
games you cand do whatever you want" answer, I'm curious as to whether
there's actually something in the rules that I'm missing.

2.  What happens when you have twin-mounted guns on vehicles?  I assume
twin-mounted SAWs would just add an extra firepower die, but what about
twin-mounted Heavy Weapons?  To take a specific example, if I had a twin

mounted RFAC/1 with Enhanced Firecon on a vehicle piloted by a regular
firing against infantry that would be a d8 for regular quality and a d8
for Enhanced firecon versus the range band for one of the twin mounts,
right?	Now how do I factor in the second mount?  Just add another d8
as if it were a SAW adding firepower (that's what I did)?

3.  If units are "in position" and they are attacked from behind, do
they
still get the bonus for being "in position"?  If they attack a unit
behind them do they have to get "out of position" before doing so?  (as
far as I can tell, squads have no real "facing")

4.  What happens if an entire unit is wounded?	Can the unit even still
activate?  We played that it could activate, try to remove its
suppression, and then reorganize to check the wounded, but who knows?
(I guess this really doesn't have much of an effect on the game anyway,
since there's no one left in the unit to carry them to safety, anyway).

Thanks in advance.

Prev: Re: B5 PBeM gaming (was: Re: assistance...) Next: Re: CMD Future Wars products