Prev: Re: Gen Con '97 Next: Re: Gen Con '97

Re: Gone to GenCon

From: SGibson260@a...
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 1996 16:39:07 -0400
Subject: Re: Gone to GenCon

In a message dated 96-08-15 14:02:51 EDT, rkorde@dolphin.upenn.edu
(Rukesh
Korde) writes:

>Well, from my own personal p.o.v.  It was at Origins '95 that I got
>hooked on Dirtside II, and from there FT.  So it will always have a
place
>in my heart.
>
>RK

Hey!  I was running the DS2 games at Origins last year!  Which game did
you
play?  Pity I couldn't get more than 3-4 players for each game.
Although
both Battletech games I ran were chock full (16 per game with others
hoping
for an empty slot).

Come to think of it, there were lots of full Battletech and 40K games at
Gencon.  A good way to bring those players to the dark side would be to
run a
'Battletech Mechs in DS2' demo game or similar SG@ game.  I would like
someone to run a Star Trek or Star Wars Full Thrust game at one of the
cons.
 There was a Star Wars in Silent Death game at Gencon that had three
sessions
filled up in preregistration.  Crossover fans would be a welcome
addition the
the FT/DS2/SG2 players ranks.

Regards,
Steve Gibson

Prev: Re: Gen Con '97 Next: Re: Gen Con '97