Prev: Re: Circle of Death Next: Re: Circle of Death

Re: I survived GenCon!

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 14:01:59 -0400
Subject: Re: I survived GenCon!

Mark wrote:
>A Mr. Keith Johannsen told me
>that the mini's were indeed for sale and are part of an upcoming (this
>fall) space combat game called (Come on, guess.) "Starblazer."  He has
>also come up with some "Legends of the Galactic Hero's " minis and will

>perhaps produce a repective game system that is based on the
>"Starbalzer" game. (Sadly these are not yet available because Mr.
>Johannsen has not received permission to produce them...yet!)

I believe they were running several Strablazers games at the Con using
the
new rules.  At one time, a group was playing a Starblazers game next to
our
FT game using the plastic mini models.

When I stopped to check out a mecha-style game, a friend pointed out
several
Starblazer ship cards.	I'm not sure if they were used in the
Starblazers
games, but they looked really cool.  The front of the card had a color
picture of a Starblazer ship while the back had Full Thrust system
symbols
all over it with several Earth ships using a wave gun or modified wave
gun.
The card was sleeved in a collector card plastic holder.  This way, as
the
ship took damage, systems could be marked out with a marker and wiped
clean
at the end of the game.  Great idea for reusing ship forms.

>	Mushashi Enterprises, Inc.
>	c/o Kieth Johannsen
>	2613 S. 30th Street
>	Milwaukee, Wi.	53215
>
>...or Fax him at:
>	1-414-383-7791

Yep.  That's the company.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Circle of Death Next: Re: Circle of Death