Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: RE: Star Wars Models ...

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 13:43:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

Paul Neher writes:
> That is of course assuming that fighters are built inferior to
> the weapons systems delivered. This is like saying ariel fighter
> combat should be the same way. But in all of the ariel wars to date,
> it hasn't been "bang! you're dead!" Defensive systems are made with
the
> offensive systems in mind.

Uh, no.  While some modern airplanes can take some damage (the A-10
comes to
mind), in most cases "a decent hit" will bring one down.  The key has
been
(and will continue to be) to avoid getting hit.

> Admittedly, against the rest of the fleet, fighters go poof real fast,

> but fighter vs. fighter you would think there would be some
> survivability.

Actually, I wouldn't expect that at all -- if the fighter weapons are
such
that they can damage ships 10^4 their size, I fully expect
fighter-on-fighter
combat would be relatively bloody.

Christopher Weuve  [caw@intercon.com]
Through sheer random chance, my employer may
someday agree with something I say.

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: RE: Star Wars Models ...