Prev: Re: Full Thrust Record Sheets Next: Re: Gone to GenCon

Renegade Legion (was Re: Star Wars Models ...)

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 09:16:09 -0400
Subject: Renegade Legion (was Re: Star Wars Models ...)

Tim Klaus said:
> Try Renegade Legions: Interceptor. The game play is very good and
> the rules are well written. The one thing is that you get the feel of
> a fighter ace as you play. And it works well with Star Wars fighter
> combat. Chrunchy Frog/ Night Shift Games now has the rights to all
> (past and future) Renegade Legion products ( which was produced by
> FASA).

Not any more -- Nightshift no longer has the rights to Renegade Legion.

Nightshift says they decided to drop it because it wasn't very
profitable.
Other sources say that FASA yanked the license because Nightshift only
put out
two products in two (three?) years -- one of which, I will point out,
was a
"reinforcements pack" which _at most_ consisted of printing some more
counters.   FASA's Jill Lucas was very gracious when I asked her about
it at
Origins -- she said that Nightshift didn't have the resources to do it
right,
and did not specifiy who made the decision to pull the plug.

I also asked her if she thought that someone else might pick up the line
--
she said FASA would be willing to entertain the subject, but she didn't
expect

Christopher Weuve  [caw@intercon.com]
Through sheer random chance, my employer may
someday agree with something I say.

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Record Sheets Next: Re: Gone to GenCon