Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: RE: Star Wars Models ...

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:15:09 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

>>  Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 19:52:40 +0200 (MET DST)
>>  From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@nada.kth.se>
>>  Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...
>>  I strongly disagree. Sure, it tells you the difference between the
>>  different fighters... but I don't think it's excellent, in the same
way
>>  that I don't think Car Wars is an excellent car combat game - a game

>>  turn, depicting a very short period of time, takes a rather long
time to
>>  play. Too long, IMO.

But space combat should mostly be over in a matter of a few seconds
to a minute. Fighters are so fragile that any kind of decent hit is
one dead fighter.

>>  Of course, I haven't seen any other fighter games, so I can't point
you
>>  at anything better :(

Shooting Stars from Yaquinto (long, long out of print) was pretty
alright. Some of the special weaponry was ludicrous, but it did
have some shred of science in it -- get this -- inertia.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: RE: Star Wars Models ...