Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...

Re: Star Wars Models ...

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 12:40:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Star Wars Models ...

kosta kalogeropoulos said:
> Anyone worth their salt as a true Star Wars fan had to have been
> blown away when they first saw the great battle scenes done in 'Return

> of the Jedi'.

That's funny, I didn't particularly like the battle scenes in RotJ;  I
thought
there was far too much going on to really appreciate any of the details.
 The
attack on the Death Star's reactor was particularly dumb.  [Flying into
the
structure of the Death Star I can live with; the _Millenium Falcon_
flying
into through shafts barely larger than the ship itself was insanity.
There
was _no_ reason why the Falcon was uniquely suited to that task, and
several
reasons why she wasn't.]

There is room for improvement in episodes IV and VI (ESB is pretty good,

although I always found the space slug slightly annoying); if Lucas
removes
the damn "lugnuts" song from RotJ I'm willing to forgive all his other
sins.
I just hope that he doesn't confuse "more" with "better".

--Chris Weuve  [caw@intercon.com]      My opinions, not InterCon's.
____
"There are eight million stories in the naked city --
 and fifteen million in the greater naked metropolitan area."
   --Kim Rollins (http://www.omnigroup.com/People/cirocco/)

Prev: Re: Star Wars Models ... Next: Re: Star Wars Models ...