Prev: RE: Maintainance at Bolton. Next: CMD Future Wars products

Re: Minatures

From: "Reginald Rutherford IV" <rickr@d...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 09:35:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Minatures

> My NSL ships are
> similar, except that I paint them with a panzer grey, drybrush them
with
> a medium grey (Partha Armor Grey), and then do the panels in Partha
> Grey.

I did exactly the same thing with my ESU ships, but I also used silver
and gold to touch up the details. Anything that sticks out on the model
was fair game, and I just went over the whole thing putting silver and
gold
on all the little knobs, bumps and fins on the ship.

I spray-sealed it after that, and then went over the whole thing again
with
a very thin brush, putting black paint into all the seams and crevices.
The coat of sealer made it easy -- if I got sloppy, I could wipe the
black
paint off of the model with my thumb without smudging the paint job
underneath.  After I was done with the black, I spray-sealed it again.

The thing I was aiming for was a VERY high contrast. It seems to me that
the shadows in the crevices would be pitch black on a real spaceship,
while the highlights and raised areas would reflect brightly.

Rick Rutherford       rickr@digex.net	    The above opinions are mine.
"It seems to me that the nearer painting approaches sculpture the better
it is, and that sculpture is the worse the nearer it approaches
painting."
					     -- Michelangelo

Prev: RE: Maintainance at Bolton. Next: CMD Future Wars products