Prev: RE: Minatures Next: Re: An appeal for help.

Re: Minatures

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:08:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Minatures

Someone wrote:
>	What are some good materials for scratch-building? I've been
>tempted to try my hand at it, but most of my inspiration has been to
>raid aircraft models for their missiles, fuel pods, etc.

Anything is good! :) My first minis were made entirely from balsa wood.
Kit
bashing is fun - using parts from other kits like missiles, fuel tanks,
guns, cannons, etc.  A good source for parts might be your kitchen or
garage
- find some odd shape plastic containers(preferably empty ones) and
throw
some kit parts and paint on it and presto, it's a spaceship.  I collect
tubing, container caps, plastic containers, and whatever might look good
on
a model.

Craft stores are also an excellent source for parts.  Sometimes when I
look
for car parts at salvage yards, I come across small items like wire
connectors, knobs, etc. that could be usefull.	I can usually get small
parts like this for free, or if there is a large quantity maybe a couple
of
bucks.

Another place to check would be electronics stores that sell old or
damaged
equipment for spare parts.  You can usually find quite a collection of
odd
shaped items from resistors to vacuum tubes to chips that could make
cool
looking ships.

Just use your imagination and have fun! :)

Mike Miserendino

Prev: RE: Minatures Next: Re: An appeal for help.