Prev: RE: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock! Next: Re: Minatures

Re: Traveller

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 13:45:27 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller

Mike Elliott wrote:
>True, Joe, but who's to say that 1 ton in the "official FT" universe is
the
>same as 1 ton in the "Traveller" universe, or any other universe for
that
>matter? What I mean by "ton" (tonne?) may not be what you (or Marc
Miller)
>mean by "ton". According to my cargo space rules in "More Thrust" the
>accommodation for one man in an FT ship is 4 CS ( i.e. 4 tons). The
>standard allocation for one stateroom in a Traveller ship is 4 tons,
but on
>military ships the occupation is usually 2 men per stateroom, ie 1
man's
>accommodation is 2 tons. See what I mean?
>
>What does anybody else think?

Seems like you're on the right track by starting with a crew member for
scale.	I am still working on my conversions right now - hope to share
them
soon.

>Mike Elliott
>BTW, if I don't append "GZG" after my name, I am speaking for myself,
not
>GZG.
 ^^^
So is this one speaking for yourself, or GZG? ;)

Mike Miserendino

Prev: RE: More fighters + (real) Java Space Dock! Next: Re: Minatures