Prev: Re: DSII scenario Next: FT Pinging

Re: Dirtside II points

From: starwarsnut@j... (Paul A Neher)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 12:46:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Dirtside II points

On Thu, 18 Jul 96 7:54:23 CDT jjm@zycor.lgc.com (johnjmedway) writes:

>How do you, or can you handle having the arty commander spot his own
>group's indirect fire? The way we played last weekend (my only time so
>far), the act of spotting and calling in is an activation. That unit's
>activation being spent, the arty cannot hit on the next activation,
>unless, there is a specific exception to the activation rules.
Here's my reasoning behind all of this. The time delay for calling
artillery fire is just that. You act as an FO (Forward Observer) calling
in a grid reference, what the target is, and what mission you would like
fired. The artillerc COM (command) designates the fire, orders the fire,
and eventually it is inbound with a spotter round fired for correction
the plot, rthen the firing for effect. The difference is artillery
firing
DIRECT can see their target, make their own descisions, and correct
their
own fire, no different than can a tank crew. Remember it this way:
called
fire/indirect fire is BLIND fire, while direct fire is LOS (line of
sight) firing.

Does that make sense to anyone besides me?

Paul

Prev: Re: DSII scenario Next: FT Pinging