Prev: Re: Dirtside II points Next: Re: Dirtside II points

Re: DSII scenario

From: osiris.1@i... (Christopher Lawrence)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 12:44:39 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII scenario

Drue wrote:

>Just watched 'A Bridge Too Far' last night (again) & was trying to
think of
>a way to run this in DSII. I would think some sort of campaign setting
>would be needed, but the scale of DSII seems wrong. At 1:1 you would
>need a boat-load of mini's - maybe 1:5 or so (one mini per platoon)?
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Drue (wasting time and getting paid for it)

I must watch ABTF at least once every four months.

Although you could change the figure scale, I don't think that would be
necessary. The type of colony-world combat in the DSII/FT/SGII
(blahblah) system seems to be on a small scale. With the speeds and
firepower involved, you have fewer and fewer men in an operational area
with more ground to cover.

For a campaign, you could use battalion-sized units (50 figs?) running
around on a map. When units meet, whip out the table and figs and pound
away! Going with ABTF, your first battles could be drops, with light
assault units dropping on spaceports. Capture of these sites would be a
pre-requisite for landing heavy equipment for later scenarios.

Hmmm, this is starting to sound good...

Prev: Re: Dirtside II points Next: Re: Dirtside II points