Prev: Re: More Rules Questions Next: Re: Planet 'Terrain'

Planet 'Terrain'

From: pcaron%nhqvax.dnet@r...
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 09:16:22 -0400
Subject: Planet 'Terrain'

I have just finished reading the rules on using Planets in Full Thrust.
I was trying to think of a way to simplify the execution of them.  I
didn't like the idea of having to measure how far you are from the
planet
everytime you get close enough to hit it's atmosphere.	I also wasn't so
keen on the idea of having to use a flexible tape measure to move my
orbiting
starships around the planet.

So, what I'm going to do is the following:

Glue a half sphere to the center of an old (crappy) vinyl record. Then
paint
the whole thing black.	Splash some paint on the planet and finish off
by
painting a ruled orbit in white so when a starship gets in orbit the
player
merely moves the starship around the painted ring.

You won't need to measure the distance to the center of the planet
everytime
you're close enough to hit the atmosphere either.

Comments?...

Pete

Prev: Re: More Rules Questions Next: Re: Planet 'Terrain'