Prev: Rules Questions Next: Re: Gen-Con / Tuffley Visit

RE: Mailing List Up?

From: Adam Delafield <A.Delafield@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 03:57:06 -0400

Date sent:  15-JUL-1996 08:47:03

>If anyone on the Full Thrust list reads this, could you please send me
an
>e-mail (to agoodall@sympatico.ca). I haven't received any traffic off
the
>mailing list in two days and so I'm wondering if the mailing list is up
and
>running.

>Allan

OK. I've replied to Allan direct, but this is for everyone.

I can, and do, remove people from the list every now and again. This
is necessary as the amount of bounced traffic from the list is quite
high. I'll not remove someone for just one bounce, but if the problem
persists, they will be removed without warning and without notification.
(How can you notify a faulty address?).

If you do have mail problems and find that you are not receiving E-mail,
there are a few things you can do.

In the first instance you can check the archive for new mail. (Some
of you might want to do this anyway as some E-mail systems insist on
sending non ascii characters that result in a lot of bounces, so you
might have missed some posts. Mike Elliot's server is particularly
bad at this).

Second, you can send the command REVIEW to the address;

FTGZG-L-REQUEST@BOLTON.AC.UK

to return a list of all subscribers, and see if you are included.

And you can also E-mail me directly on A.Delafield@bolton.ac.uk,
but I may take my time getting round to you.

Thanks.

| Adam Delafield, I.T. Officer	      | Bolton Institute,  |
|				      | Eagle Tower,	   |
| E-mail : ad4@Bolton.ac.uk	      | College Way,	   |
| Phone  : +44 1204 528851 (ext 3163) | Bolton, UK.	   |
| Fax	 : +44 1204 399074	      | BL3 5AE.	   |

Prev: Rules Questions Next: Re: Gen-Con / Tuffley Visit