Prev: Micro ships (Was Re: [Fwd: Full Thrust]) Next: Re: Those annoying aliens...

Re: [Fwd: Full Thrust]

From: RMMDC@j...
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 17:25:31 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Full Thrust]

Ummm....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "8" the maximum thrust
allowed?  You're design calls for "12" thrust.

Granted, this doesn't really answer your question--previous
messages have already given stellar reasons why a pod
swarm, while interesting, is _not_ the fleet you want.	It
would only work in a one-off game, and even then, only once
against any given opponent.

Every time I've played we use the "max of 50% of the ships
from any one class" rule.  I think it's a little more realistic.
No self-respecting fleet would be made up of nothing but
scout-sized vessels.

Out here.

	-monty		(Robert Montgomery; New Orleans)

PS.  (sigh) /Okay/...I'll wait to post anything on _ID4_. (sigh)

Prev: Micro ships (Was Re: [Fwd: Full Thrust]) Next: Re: Those annoying aliens...