Prev: Re: Traveller ship designs

Re: Traveller ship designs

From: Stuart Ford <sford@v...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 19:10:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller ship designs

> > Mike Miserendino wrote:
> >
> > Looking again at the sample Dreadnaught presented by Mr. Llaneza:
> >
> > >200,000 tons
> > >330 Particle accelerators
> > >50 medium missile bays
> > >200 laser turrets
> >
> > I definitely recommend grouping the wpn. mounts into smaller (i.e.
more
> > playable) versions that could easily be utilized. Not that 33 dice
rolls
> > coming from a Dreadnaught wouldn't be frighteningly intimidating and

> > fun to use against someone!

You could always try the system I use when playing in the
Robotech/Macross
universe.  I devide all weapon systems counts by 10, rounding up to the
nearest whole number.  There are some real monster ships in this genre
and this was the only way I could think of doing this effectivly, and
still
have a ship that you could fit on paper! :)

Don't worry about the mass or cost, just build it according to the true
design of the ship.

Stuart Ford

Prev: Re: Traveller ship designs