Prev: Re: Systems.zip-Mark Next: Re: Traveller ship designs

Re: Traveller ship designs

From: thumann@n... (Charles Thumann)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 1996 18:35:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Traveller ship designs

> Mike Miserendino wrote:
>
> Looking again at the sample Dreadnaught presented by Mr. Llaneza:
>
> >200,000 tons
> >330 Particle accelerators
> >50 medium missile bays
> >200 laser turrets
>
> I definitely recommend grouping the wpn. mounts into smaller (i.e.
more
> playable) versions that could easily be utilized. Not that 33 dice
rolls
> coming from a Dreadnaught wouldn't be frighteningly intimidating and
> fun to use against someone!

Ok, the last traveller system I played was "classic" traveller, so
forgive my ignorance if this idea is totally out of line with the source

material.  But what if partical accelerators were only single-arc
weapons?  Then you could divide your 33 batteries into 11 batteries each

of right arc, left arc, forward arc.  That way you'd only be rolling
eleven dice per attack.  Still probably too many, but at least a little
more manageable.  And definitely intimidating.	Of course drawing all 33

batteries on the ship diagram would be a pain in the -ss.

Prev: Re: Systems.zip-Mark Next: Re: Traveller ship designs