Prev: Re: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas Next: Re: Kra'Vak Guns

Re: Kra'Vak Guns

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 1996 14:03:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Kra'Vak Guns

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Kelvin Henderson wrote:

> I've been listening to the debate about the Kra'Vak on the list
> now for about three weeks and I've found that the following should
> work really well for balancing their weapons somewhat.
>
> Scatterguns:- I think that a -1 to the die role for each2" or 3" the
firing
> ship is away from the target for Scatterguns is a good idea.

Thanks ;) I've tried it a few times; it seems to work OK. (BTW,
shouldn't
armour work against scatterguns? Not that I want to make it any better
than it already is, but it does protect against Kra'Vak fighter
weapons...?)

[snip]

> Also- for all of you who are having trouble with dealing with the
bugs,
> here's a tip: BEAT THEM AT THEIR OWN GAME!!!!!
> Use lots of escorts and small cruisers which are almost as
maneuverable as
> the Kra'Vak ships and this will really confuse the Kra'Vak player.
Then
> one or two (at most) capitals with Wave Guns to do some heavy damage
and
> attract his fire.  I've found this works really well.  Also I've been
> meaning to try using four Mass 40 capital ships with a Nova Cannon on
each
> and sit them at the back of the board and keep my fleet behind them
and
> keep firing Nova shots all game.  Even with their manouverability they
> can't dodge templates that cover almost the whole table and ignore
> armour!!!  Never tried it but it feels kinda fun :-)!

Ouch. I'll have to get a bigger table for that to work - a 6 cm template

is pretty easy to avoid when you (ie, I) use cm as measuring unit
instead
of inches. Not to mention those tiny Wavegun 4 cm templates :(

Oerjan Ohlson

( Snailmail: Ljuskarrsvagen 44N1, 133 31  Saltsjobaden, SWEDEN
     )
( Telephone: +46 - (0)8-7177891
     )
( Email: f92-ooh@nada.kth.se
     )
-------

Prev: Re: Re:Starfire request was: Balanced (?) weapons ideas Next: Re: Kra'Vak Guns