Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: RE: Battle for Endor

Re: Battle for Endor

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 19:16:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Battle for Endor

> 20 squadrons x 6 fighters per squadron = 120 fighters no? I bet you'd
be
> hard pressed to spot that many in the scene if you tried it

Just watched the sene again. there are at least two points in which you
can count more than 10 star destroyers (I counted 14 in one, and 13 in
another), so it might be safe to say it's 15 star destroyers. Whether
they're all Imperial-class is debatable. Since the rebels needs all the
balancing they can get, it might be nice to say that half of them are
Victory-class. There might also be an Interdictor or two lurking in the
crowd.
	About the fighters: See WEG's "Star Wars Imperial Sourcebook". I

think the compliment of an Imperial-class SD is 72 TIEs, in flights of
four. At least 1 flight is scout (no weapons), and a few are bombers.
The
rest are normal TIEs and Interceptors (the old TIE-fighters are being
replaced by TIE/in as fast as possible).
	Victory-class has far fewer TIE-fighters, and a Super-class has
few more (like 72 FLIGHTS of TIEs, if I remember correctly).
	These just out of my memory. I'll read the tech manual when I
can
get to it (when my roomie is awake), and get you the exact figures. The
book also has the weapon compliments of the different types, so it might

be easier to build them in FT by comparing their weapon compliments.

/GNiko

Prev: Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: RE: Battle for Endor