Prev: Re: New FT Gamer Next: Re: Battle for Endor

Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

From: Niko Mikkanen <creator@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 18:51:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

> clumps of dried seaweed, the kind that has floatation pods that range
in size
> from 1/2" to 1" (non Australians may not have these kinds of weed on
their
> beaches). Make sure the pods have dried out. Get a handful of pods of
> different sizes, and a bit of dried weed, and place them in a freezer
bag
> (small clear plastic bags) and pour in some PVA glue. Hang the bag
somewhere
> with the top open and let the glue dry ( it took about a week), then
remove
> your creation. SOme of the plastic may have stuck to the mass, never
mind,
> just leave it on, it adds to the appearance. Paint the mass lurid
colours, and
> then varnsih it in high gloss to give it a slimy, glistening look, and
base
> it. As unlikely as it sounds, the final model looks **extremely**
good, and
> costs almost nothing to make.
>
> Cheers
> Geoffrey

Couldn't you just use really thick varnish on the seaweed? Cut down the
time used.
	Also, some shells (especially coned ones, if legal/possible to
obtain in your country) would propably also make nice ships, either by
themselves, or with bits attached.
	As I've said before, any metal miniature Citadel has ever
produced is
available through their mail order service, if they still have the
molds.
They'll happily cast them for you at no extra cost (apart from the total

rip-off rates they usually charge for their minis, of course...).

Prev: Re: New FT Gamer Next: Re: Battle for Endor