Prev: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

RE: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

From: "Geoffrey Stewart" <Geoffrey_Stewart@u...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 00:02:33 -0400
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku Miniatures

Make 'em yourself, here's what I did. I carefull scoured my local beach
for
clumps of dried seaweed, the kind that has floatation pods that range in
size
from 1/2" to 1" (non Australians may not have these kinds of weed on
their
beaches). Make sure the pods have dried out. Get a handful of pods of
different sizes, and a bit of dried weed, and place them in a freezer
bag
(small clear plastic bags) and pour in some PVA glue. Hang the bag
somewhere
with the top open and let the glue dry ( it took about a week), then
remove
your creation. SOme of the plastic may have stuck to the mass, never
mind,
just leave it on, it adds to the appearance. Paint the mass lurid
colours, and
then varnsih it in high gloss to give it a slimy, glistening look, and
base
it. As unlikely as it sounds, the final model looks **extremely** good,
and
costs almost nothing to make.

Cheers
Geoffrey
_______
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
From: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk on Thu, 27 Jun 1996 1:44 PM
Subject: Sa'Vasku Miniatures
RFC Header:Received: by uow.edu.au with SMTP;27 Jun 1996 13:44:29 +1000
Sender: owner-ftgzg-l@bolton.ac.uk
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 13:16:41 +1000 (EST)
From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@qut.edu.au>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

Can anyone tell me who makes GOOD bioships to use as Sa'Vasku ships!!

I currently have some Mico Machines B5 Vorlon ships that look really
good
but there are only two types.

Does GW (oh no!! I've said "that" name :-) ) still do the Tyranid ships
through mail-order and how much are they?

Also if there are any other companies who do good bio-ships could
someone
please post their contact addresses (e-mail, snail mail or 'phone) so I
can ask them how I get a hold of them (cause I'm in Oz).  This would be
greatly appreciated as I love the Sa'Vasku idea and rules.

-Kelvin Henderson

Prev: Sa'Vasku Miniatures Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Miniatures